Silicon metal powder, also known as “industrial silicon powder”, is a finely ground material produced by carefully processing and refining silica. It possesses unique properties that make it an essential ingredient in the production of various iron alloys, including stainless steel, cast iron, and carbon steel. It is silver-gray in color and has metallic luster. It has a high melting point, good heat resistance, high resistivity, and a strong antioxidant effect. It is called “industrial monosodium glutamate”. It is an important basic industrial raw material and is widely used in many industries and fields.
Specification of Silicon Metal Powder
|Silicon Metal 553
|Silicon Metal 441
|Silicon Metal 2202
|Silicon Metal 1101
Application of Silicon Metal Powder
- In the silicone chemical industry, silicon metal powder is the basic raw material for the synthesis of silicone polymers such as trichlorosilane, silicone monomers, silicone oil, and silicone rubber preservatives. Silicon metal powder is an important intermediate in the production of silane coupling agents and other organic silicon products and the main raw material of polysilicon to improve the product’s high-temperature resistance, electrical insulation, corrosion resistance, and water resistance.
- In the metallurgical casting industry, silicon metal powder is used as a non-ferrous alloy additive and silicon steel alloying agent to improve the hardenability of steel.
- Silicon metal powder can also be used as a reducing agent for certain metals, new ceramic alloys, etc.
- Silicon metal powder is drawn into single-crystal silicon, and the processed silicon wafers are widely used in high-tech fields and are essential raw materials for integrated circuits and electronic components.
- In the metallurgical casting industry, silicon metal powder is used as a non-ferrous alloy additive and silicon steel alloy agent to improve the hardenability of steel. Silicon metal powder can also be used as a reducing agent for certain metals, new ceramic alloys, etc.
- Used in the production of silica sol.
Uses of Silicon Metal Powder
Silicon metal powder is the most important semiconductor material and is widely used in computers, microwave communications, optical fiber communications, solar power generation, and other fields. Scientists call this era the Silicon Age. Metallic silicon has excellent physical, chemical, and semiconductor properties, so it has been rapidly applied and developed in semiconductor devices.
Silicon Metal Powder Price Trends
Due to the limited decline in the market price of 97 silicon, some traders began to stock up and placed urgent orders. Recently, the trading activity in the 97 silicon market has increased, and the low market prices have disappeared. Factories have raised their quotations when there are sufficient orders. However, Due to the limited price acceptance of the terminal market, there are currently few transactions at high prices, and the market is dominated by delivery orders.
Do you want to know more about high-quality silicon metal powder or other ferroalloy products? Welcome to leave a message in the comment area.
Anyang Zhenxin Metallurgical Materials Co., Ltd. is a comprehensive enterprise integrating the production, processing, and sales of ferroalloy products such as metallic silicon, ferrosilicon, ferrochrome, and ferrochrome nitride. In line with the tenet of “quality assurance, customer first”, we provide customers with high-quality ferroalloys. We mainly serve the steel industry, electronics industry, non-ferrous metals, refractory materials, and other industries.