Nitrided ferro manganese is produced by filling medium and low carbon ferro manganese with nitrogen. It is mainly used as a nitrogen additive, and a manganese additive of the production of high hardness alloy steel, and stainless steel, which are used as raw materials of the automobile, shipbuilding, and aviation industry.
Features Of Nitrided Ferro Manganese
- High nitrogen utilization.
- High content of nitrogen and manganese.
- Low content of impurity such as sulfur, phosphorus, etc.
Application Of Nitrided Ferro Manganese
Ferromanganese nitride is an essential alloying agent of the production of special alloy steel, stainless steel, and heat-resistant steel.
Nitrided ferro manganese can improve the hardness and other mechanical properties, refine the grain, and expand the austenite zone.
Nitrided ferro manganese can replace nickel (nickel is expensive), which reduces the cost of steel production.
The Chemical Component Of Nitrided Ferro Manganese
|Mn (min)||C||Si (max)||S (max)||P (max)||N|
Preparation Of Nitrided Ferro Manganese
There are two preparation methods of nitride ferro manganese: liquid-phase nitriding and solid-phase nitriding.
Liquid-phase nitriding of nitride ferro manganese
The liquid-phase nitriding of nitrided ferro manganese has the properties of high density, high strength, and high utilization rate of nitrogen in steelmaking. Due to its low nitrogen content (about 2%), it can not meet the requirements of steelmaking.
Solid-phase nitriding of nitride ferro manganese
Solid-phase nitriding is most widely used in the production of nitride ferro manganese.
- Selet medium and low carbon ferromanganese as raw material.
- Crushing and sieving the ferro manganese raw materials to obtain 80-100 mesh ferromanganese powder.
- Depending on the nitriding process, the ferro manganese powder can be used directly or pressed into blocks.
- Putting the ferromanganese powder or block in the vacuum furnace. (900-1100℃, 0.1MPa) Nitriding with 8-12 hours.
- Natural cooling.
- Packing and delivering.