Calcium cored wire is also called pure Ca cored wire or solid Ca cored wire. It is a kind of commonly used alloy cored wire. The outer layer is wrapped by a steel strip, and the inner layer is filled with Ca-wire or calcium granule according to different needs and is wrapped by edge rolling. Calcium cored wire is suitable for the calcium treatment process of molten steel refining. The calcium cored wire produced by a professional alloy cored wire supplier is fed into the molten steel through the wire feeding machine, the feeding speed is 60-120m/min, and the feeding amount is about 0.8-1.5m/t.
Classification and Technical Indicators of Pure Calcium Core Wire
Seamless solid calcium cored wire
|Component||Ca(%)||Ca-wire(g/m)||Steel strip thickness(mm)||Meter weight of steel strip(g/m)||Core weight(g/m)||Cored wire diameter(mm)|
The seamless solid-core pure calcium wire is welded by a special process of three parts: the outer steel strip, the intermediate protective coating, and the inner core metal calcium wire. It is mostly used for deoxidation, desulfurization, and inclusion removal in the steelmaking process.
Double-layer solid calcium cored wire
The double-layer solid calcium cored wire is a calcium cored wire made of calcium wire wrapped with two layers of steel strips. The calcium wire is wrapped with the inner layer steel strips, and the outer layer of the steel strip is rolled and occluded. As the thickness of the outer steel strip becomes larger, the calcium cored wire can be inserted into a deeper part of the molten steel. The feeding speed of the double-layer solid calcium cored wire is 60-90m/min, and the feeding amount is 0.8-1.5m/t. It is suitable for the calcium treatment of molten steel in the refining process outside the furnace, and is especially suitable for the deoxidation and calcium treatment of aluminum killed molten steel.
|Component||Ca(%)||Ca-wire(g/m)||Inner steel strip thickness(mm)||Outer steel strip thickness(mm)||Cored wire diameter(mm)|
Main Advantages of Calcium Cored Wire
- ZX calcium cored wire adopts self-made pure calcium wire of φ7.5mm-φ7.8mm as the core material of the alloy cored wire;
- It uses a cold-rolled bright steel strip, which is thicker than other types of cored wires;
- The pure calcium cored wire has a uniform wire diameter, with the advantages of high tensile strength, good toughness, and is not easy to break, which is more conducive to the precise control of the amount of wire feeding;
- Calcium alloy cored wire can replace calcium silicon cored wire and calcium-iron cored wire to process corresponding steel types, and the calcium recovery rate can be increased by more than 52%;
- The use of calcium cored wire can effectively reduce production costs. The feed weight of pure cored wire per ton of steel is only about 38% of that of calcium silicon cored wire;
- The ZX calcium cored wire is tightly wound and wrapped tightly, supporting long-term storage, and the use effect is guaranteed.