Calcium Silicon Cored Wire is a kind of alloy cored wire that is processed by silicon calcium alloy powder, then wrapped by a steel strip, and processed by a cored wire machine. The cored wire technology is an out-of-furnace refining method developed on the basis of jet metallurgy technology. Before alloy cored wires were widely used in alloy production enterprises, the main methods commonly used were the direct feeding method of bulk alloy and the alloy powder spraying method.
Deoxidizers such as calcium silicon cored wire and calcium iron cored wire have a high affinity for oxygen, and the deoxidation product in the diffusion deoxidation process is often a composite of metal oxide and non-metal oxide. These compounds are easier to float up and discharge from the molten steel, so calcium silicon cored wire has become the alloy wire material of choice for more and more refining companies.
|Type||Main composition||Inside powder weight(g/m)||Steel strip thickness(mm)||Cored wire diameter(mm)|
|CaSi||Si: 55-65 Ca: 28-35||230||0.4±0.2||13-13.5|
Use of Wire Feeding Method to Feed Calcium Silicon Cored Wire
The wire feeding method is a method in which the refining agent is fed into the ladle as a wire after the molten steel is tapped from the steelmaking furnace. According to the different refining purposes, the wire feeding method is divided into deoxidation wire feeding, desulfurization wire feeding, inclusion control wire feeding, and alloying wire feeding. Different wire feeding methods feed wires made of different refining agents, such as calcium silicon alloy powder in calcium silicon cored wire, calcium particles and iron powder in calcium iron cored wire.
The feeding equipment of calcium silicon cored wire is simple in structure, convenient in operation, small in area, small in investment, safe and reliable. During its operation, the processing cost is low, there is no smoke, the temperature drop is small (5-7°C), the suction of molten steel is small, there is no need to consume refractory materials and carrier gas, and the alloy has a high absorption rate. Therefore, using the wire feeding method to feed the calcium silicon cored wire is an effective method for molten steel deoxidation, desulfurization, alloy fine-tuning, and control of the shape of inclusions.
Advantages of Using Wire Feeding Method to Feed Calcium Silicon Cored Wire
- The agitation of the molten steel caused by the wire feeding method is much smaller than that of the bulk alloy feeding method and the powder spraying method, which can effectively reduce the splashing of the molten steel and the inhalation of gas.
- The use of calcium silicon cored wire can reduce the temperature loss of molten steel to 5-7℃/min, which can be reduced by 3-6 times compared with before.
- The use of calcium silicon cored wire with different ratios of silicon and calcium can precisely adjust the chemical composition of the molten steel.
- According to the content of aluminum and sulfur in the molten steel, the addition of an appropriate amount of calcium silicon cored wire can completely improve the shape of inclusions.
- Feeding the calcium silicon cored wire by the wire feeding method can effectively reduce the investment cost and operating cost.