Calcium silicon is also called calcium silicon alloy or ferro silicon calcium. It is a composite alloy mainly composed of silicon and calcium. As a ferroalloy, it also contains different impurities such as iron, aluminum, carbon, sulfur, and phosphorus. It has the form of a lump or powder.
Calcium silicon specification
Current Price of Calcium Silicon
|Date||Grade||FOB Tianjin ($)|
|November 3. 2023||Ca30Si60||1650-1700|
|November 3. 2023||Ca28Si58||1630-1680|
The calcium silicon prices for your reference, please contact us for the official price.
Application of Calcium Silicon
Calcium and silicon have a strong affinity with oxygen. Especially calcium metal has a strong affinity with oxygen and has a strong affinity with sulfur and nitrogen. Therefore, calcium silicon is an ideal composite deoxidizer and desulfurizer. Silicon alloys have a strong deoxidizing ability, which helps the deoxidized products easily float and discharge, but can also improve steel’s performance in the plasticity, impact toughness, and fluidity， ductility. At present, calcium silicon alloy can replace aluminum for final deoxidation.
It is used in the production of steels with different grades and special alloys. It can also be used as an inoculant and additive in the cast iron industry.
- Compound deoxidizer and desulfurizer.
- Heating agent used in converter steelmaking workshop.
- It can be used as an inoculant for cast iron.
- As an additive to produce ductile iron.
Production of Ferro Silicon Calcium
A ferro silicon calcium alloy can be obtained from silica, lime, and coke in a strongly reducing atmosphere of 1500-1800 degrees. Silicon calcium alloy is prepared by reducing silicon dioxide and calcium oxide with a carbonaceous reducing agent in the reduction electric furnace. The common method of production ferro silicon calcium： a one-step method and a two-step method.
- The one-step method is to reduce silica and limestone with carbon to produce calcium silicon alloy in an electric furnace. It is divided into mixed feeding methods and layered feeding methods.
- The two-step method is to first produce calcium carbide (or high-carbon ferrosilicon) in an electric furnace, and then use calcium carbide，silica, and coke (Or use high-carbon ferrosilicon and lime) to produce silicon calcium alloy in another electric furnace.
In addition, according to the finished product, there are two preparation methods by using different furnaces.
1. High-content silicon calcium alloy products, mainly produced by electrode furnaces
a: Silicon calcium alloy products with higher specifications can be produced.
b: The product quality is stable and there are few impurities.
2. Medium and low content silicon calcium alloy products are mainly produced by intermediate frequency furnaces.
a: Mainly produce middle and low specification silicon calcium alloy products.
b: The production cost is low, and the output can be flexibly controlled.
Advantages of Ferro Silicon Calcium
- Stable response, easy to use and operate in handling operations.
- Uniform chemical cost, excellent performance, low impurity content.
- There are many product varieties and specifications, which can meet the needs of users.