Ferro Chrome(Ferro Chromium)is an iron alloy whose main components are chromium and iron, and the chromium content is between 50% and 70%. In addition to the main components of chromium and iron, it also contains impurities such as carbon, silicon, sulfur, and phosphorus. Ferro chrome is often used as an important alloy additive in steel smelting and foundry industries.
Ferro Chrome Specification
Classification of Ferro Chrome
According to the different carbon content in ferro chrome, ferrochrome can be divided into four types.
- High-carbon ferrochrome: the carbon content ranges from 4 to 8%;
- Medium carbon ferrochrome: carbon content is between 0.5~4%;
- Low-carbon ferrochrome: carbon content is between 0.15~0.5%;
- Micro-carbon ferrochrome: the carbon content ranges from 0.06 to 0.15%.
Ferro chrome with different carbon content is suitable for different application scenarios.
Ferro chrome containing about 5% carbon content can be used in steelmaking
- Ferro chrome containing about 5% carbon content can be used as a chromium additive for the alloy of steel;
- Ferro chrome with a carbon content of more than 4% is often used to make ball bearing steel and steel for auto parts;
- Ferro chrome with a carbon content of less than 2% is suitable for making stainless steel, acid-resistant steel, and various other low-carbon chromium steels.
Low Carbon Ferro Chrome Production
Why Choose ZX Ferro Chrome
- There are many kinds of ferro chrome products. The ferrochrome produced by ZX can meet the current market demand. Cr: 55-75%, C:0.03/0.06/0.1
- The quality of ferro chrome is strictly controlled. The company has a strict product quality management system to ensure that the quality of the ferrochromium alloy delivered from the factory meets national standards and meets customer needs. The company’s products have passed ISO9001:2015 certification, and the product quality is guaranteed.
- The price of direct factory direct ferro chrome has an advantage. Your order will be shipped directly from the factory, avoiding unnecessary costs for you.
- The service is efficient and professional. We have accumulated rich experience in the alloy smelting industry and can provide you with the most professional and effective product solutions. Help you quickly find the product that suits you, avoiding detours.
Application of Ferro Chromium
Ferrochromium is mainly used in steelmaking and welding industry.
1. High-carbon ferrochrome
- High-carbon ferrochrome is usually used as an alloying agent for ball steel (0.5%～1.45%Cr), tool steel, die steel (5%～12%Cr), and high-speed steel (3.8%～4.4%Cr), and can harden steel. Increase the wear resistance and hardness of steel.
- High carbon ferro chrome is used in the casting industry. It can improve the heat resistance and hardness of the cast iron.
- High carbon ferro chrome is used in the production of silicon chrome, medium, and low carbon ferro chrome.
- High carbon ferro chrome powder is used in the production of welding rods.
2. Medium and low-carbon ferrochrome
Medium and low-carbon ferrochrome is used in the production of medium and low-carbon structural steel, carburizing steel, gears, high-pressure blower blades, valve plates, etc.
3. Micro-carbon ferrochrome
Micro-carbon ferrochrome is mainly used to produce stainless steel, wear-resistant steel, and heat-resistant steel.
Main Factors Affecting Ferro Chrome Price
Ferro chrome is an important alloy raw material for industries such as stainless steel, steel, cast iron, etc. The ferrochrome price has always been of great concern to practitioners in these industries. What are the main factors that affect the ferro chrome price? Let’s start with the production process of ferro chrome.
Ferro chromium is produced by arc carbothermal reduction of chromite. The chromium ore is reduced by coal and coke to form an iron-chromium alloy. The heat of the reduction reaction mainly comes from the arc formed between the tip of the electrode at the bottom of the furnace and the furnace. The environment in which ferrochromium is generated needs to be heated to at least 2800°C. In the smelting process of ferro chrome alloys, power consumption is huge. The lower the carbon content of ferro chrome, the more difficult it is to refining, the higher the power consumption, and the higher the cost. Therefore, the cost of electricity has become the main factor affecting the ferrochrome price.
Because of the low power cost and labor costs in our region, the price of ferro chrome is competitive in the international market. Welcome customers from all over the world to visit our factory.