Silicon Metal (Si Metal) is high purity silicon, also known as industrial silicon or crystalline silicon. Although silicon metal is a non-metal, it has a metallic luster on the outside. It has a high melting point, good heat resistance, high electrical resistivity, and ultra-high oxidation resistance. It is mainly used as an additive for non-ferrous alloys and is an indispensable basic raw material for many high-tech industries.
Application Areas of Silicon Metal
- Industrial silicon metal powder is often used in the metallurgical casting industry as a non-ferrous alloy additive and silicon steel alloying agent, which can increase the hardenability of steel. Industrial silicon metal powder can also be used as a reducing agent for certain metals, such as new ceramic alloys.
- In the refractory and powder metallurgy industries, silicon metal is often used in steelmaking furnaces, kilns and kiln furniture to improve the high temperature resistance, wear resistance and oxidation resistance of products.
- The single crystal silicon produced by purification of industrial silicon can be used in high-tech production fields such as integrated circuits and electronic components.
- High-purity Si metal is used in many industrial fields. It is used to produce silicon compounds, cells for photovoltaic solar energy, and silicon wafers for electronic semiconductors.
- High-quality Si metal can also be used to improve the properties of existing aluminum. These properties include casting ability, hardness and strength. Adding silicon metal to aluminum alloy can make the aluminum alloy strong and light.
- Silicon metal is increasingly used in the automotive industry. For example, as an alternative to replace heavier cast iron parts to reduce the weight of the car body. Among them, automobile engine blocks, tires, and wheel hubs are common parts that use cast aluminum and silicon materials.
Global Market’s Demand for Silicon Metal Products is Growing
As the top of the silicon-based new material industry chain, silicon metal is an important raw material required for the development of industries such as aluminum alloy, organic silicon, and photovoltaics. With the rapid development of the global manufacturing industry, the downstream market’s demand for silicon metal has grown steadily, which has driven the continuous expansion of the silicon metal industry, and its production capacity and output have also continued to rise.
ZX Silicon Metal
ZX is an enterprise specializing in the research and development, production, and sales of silicon metal, silicon metal powder (industrial silicon powder) and deep-processed products of silicon metal. As one of the experienced silicon metal producers, our main products include silicon metal (1101, 2202, 2502, 3303, 411, 441, 551, etc.), industrial silicon powder (particle size 100, 200, 325 mesh).
|Product grades||Chemical composition||Chemical composition||Chemical composition||Chemical composition|
Production Process of Silicon Metal
Silicon metal is generally produced by the carbothermic method. The raw material silicon dioxide and the reducing agent charcoal, petroleum coke, etc. are sent into a high-temperature electric furnace for smelting, and the silicon dioxide and various reducing agents undergo a reduction reaction under high temperature heating to obtain silicon metal.
- Material: Silica
- Reducing agent: charcoal, petroleum coke, wood chips, low ash coal, etc.
- Melting equipment: high temperature electric furnace
The purity of silicon metal produced by carbothermal reduction is about 97% to 98% and contains more impurities. Silicon metal of this purity is mostly used in the metallurgical industry. By using the latest refining technology, ZX can produce higher-grade ultra-high-purity silicon metal products with a purity of 99.7%-99.8% to meet the needs of high-tech industries.
Why Choose Silicon Metal Producer ZX?
1. ZX is a silicon metal producer with mature experience in the silicon metal industry.
ZX has the right to import and export independently, and its silicon metal products are exported to Japan, South Korea, India, the Middle East and other countries and regions. Our company’s industrial silicon products have passed ISO9001:2015 quality system certification, SGS international certification, standardized management system and systematic quality control system to create many high-quality silicon metal products.
2. ZX has silicon metal price advantage.
ZX is located in China, the world’s major silicon production country, and has unique advantages in resource integration. Coupled with the advantages of the region’s power resources and low raw material costs, the silicon metal price produced by ZX is more competitive.
3. ZX has a complete range of metal silicon products and supports customization.
ZX can produce different grades of industrial silicon. At the same time, there are also different categories and different particle sizes of silicon metal powder. And support the customization of silicon metal blocks, silicon metal particles and silicon metal powder products according to customer needs.