What is Calcium Cored Wire?
Calcium cored wire, also known as calcium wire, for steelmaking, is an auxiliary material used in the process of iron and steel smelting. Its main function is deoxygenation. During the steelmaking process, oxygen in molten steel affects the quality of steel. Therefore, the strength, toughness, ductility, and other properties of steel will be reduced. So in order to reduce the oxygen content in steel, it is necessary to add a deoxidizer in the steelmaking process. Calcium cored wire is a common deoxidizer. Calcium cored wire is usually composed of metal calcium and other auxiliary elements (such as barium, aluminum, etc.). In the process of steelmaking, the Calcium cored wire is put into molten steel, and the calcium and oxygen undergo a chemical reaction. Calcium oxide is thus formed, thereby reducing the oxygen content in the steel. At the same time, calcium oxide forms complex inclusions with impurities in the steel. Therefore, the impurities are floated from the molten steel to achieve the purpose of purifying the molten steel.
Pure Calcium Metal Specification
Calcium Cored Wire Production Process
Application of Calcium Cored Wire
The main application field of Calcium cored wire for steelmaking is the iron and steel smelting industry. In the iron and steel smelting process, Calcium cored wire is widely used as a deoxidizer. It can effectively reduce the oxygen content in steel and improve the quality and performance of steel.
In addition, Calcium cored wire can also be used in the following fields:
1. Foundry industry: In the casting process, Calcium cored wire can be used as a deoxidizer to improve the quality of castings.
2. Stainless steel manufacturing: In the process of stainless steel manufacturing, Calcium cored wire can be added as a deoxidizer and alloying elements to improve the performance of stainless steel.
3. Medical equipment: Calcium cored wire can be used in the manufacture of medical equipment, such as scalpels, syringes, etc., because calcium metal has excellent corrosion resistance and biocompatibility.
4. Kitchen equipment: Calcium cored wire can be used in the manufacture of kitchen equipment, such as pots, bakeware, etc., because calcium metal has excellent thermal conductivity and corrosion resistance.
5. Piping system: Calcium cored wire can be used in the manufacture of piping systems, such as water supply, sewage, etc., because calcium metal has high strength and toughness, and can withstand certain pressure.
6. Electronic products: Calcium cored wire can be used in the manufacture of electronic products, such as mobile phones, computers, etc., because calcium metal has excellent electrical conductivity and thermal conductivity.
7. Construction industry: Calcium cored wire can be used in construction industry, such as steel bars, cement, etc., because metal calcium can improve the performance of building materials.
Calcium Cored Wire Advantages
The use of Calcium cored wire as a deoxidizer has the following advantages:
1. Good deoxidation effect: the calcium in the Calcium cored wire reacts quickly with other elements and has a strong deoxidation ability.
2. Improve the quality of steel: Calcium cored wire can reduce the oxygen content in steel and improve the strength, toughness and ductility of steel.
3. Purification of molten steel: Calcium in the Calcium cored wire and impurities in the steel form complex inclusions, which make the impurities float up from the molten steel to achieve the purpose of purifying the molten steel.
4. Improve steelmaking efficiency: Calcium cored wire is easy to use and can improve the efficiency of the steelmaking process.