Low Carbon Ferro Manganese Product Introduction
Ferro manganese is mainly composed of manganese, ferro two elements of the alloy. Ferro manganese is one of the most widely used deoxidizing agents and alloying materials in steelmaking. According to its different carbon content, Ferro manganese can be divided into three types: low carbon, medium carbon and high carbon. This article mainly introduces low carbon ferro manganese.
Low Carbon Ferro Manganese Preparation Method
Carbon reduction method
- The first step is to break the manganese ore to obtain the appropriate particle size of the manganese ore powder.
- The second step is to mix manganese ore powder with coke in a certain proportion to make a uniform mixture.
- The third step is to put the mixture into a high-temperature electric furnace or blast furnace for a reduction reaction. In the reduction zone, coke heats to produce high temperatures and reacts with manganese ore to produce low-carbon ferro manganese. The low-carbon ferro manganese produced by the reaction is liquid at high temperatures and deposited at the bottom of the furnace.
- The fourth step is after the reaction is completed, the low carbon ferro manganese at the bottom of the furnace is cooled and cured to get the finished product.
Electric furnace reduction method
- The manganese ore is broken to obtain the appropriate particle size of manganese ore powder.
- Mix manganese ore powder with an appropriate amount of reducing agent (such as coke) in a certain proportion to make a uniform mixture.
- Place the mixture in an electric furnace and heat it with electricity. Through the passage of current, high temperature is generated, and the mixture is reduced to produce low carbon ferro manganese. The low carbon ferro manganese produced by the reaction is liquid at high temperatures and deposited at the bottom of the furnace.
- After the reaction is completed, the low carbon ferro manganese at the bottom of the furnace is cooled and cured to get the finished product.
- Mix manganese ore, coke, and an appropriate amount of flux according to a certain proportion, and pretreat, such as ball milling, drying, etc.
- Put the pre-treated mixture into an electric furnace or blast furnace for melting. The manganese ore in the mixture is reduced with coke by the action of high temperature to produce low carbon ferro manganese.
- In the melting process, alloying elements can be added as needed, such as ferro alloys, steel slag, etc., to adjust the composition and performance of the product.
- After the reaction is completed, the low carbon ferro manganese in the furnace is cooled and cured to get the finished product.
Low carbon Ferro Manganese Product Specifications
The particle size is: ferro manganese block 10-50mm, 10-100mm ferro manganese powder 0-2mm, 0-3mm, can be customized according to your needs.
Low carbon Ferro Manganese Factory Capacity
Anyang Zhenxin Metallurgical Materials Co., LTD., founded in 2007, has strict quality control. The products have been praised by new and old customers. We provide low carbon ferro manganese with an annual supply capacity of up to 35,000 metric tons. The shipment has also been strictly controlled, and tons of bags are
Use of Low Carbon Ferro Manganese
Low Carbon ferro manganese is usually used in deoxidizer and desulfurizer, good steel need smelting deoxidizer desulfurization treatment, the use of deoxidizer will greatly increase its cost, so low carbon ferro manganese is a cheap deoxidizer. Also low carbon ferro manganese is a good accelerator and nodulator in casting. Adding low carbon ferro manganese in the casting process can effectively earth fossil ink and greatly shorten the nodularization time.